But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality. Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works, and I will strike her children dead. And all the churches will know that I am he who searches mind and heart, and I will give to each of you according to your works. (Rev. 2:20-23, ESV)
- She calls herself a "prophetess" (ἡ λέγουσα ἑαυτὴν προφῆτιν).
- She's teaching and seducing Christians to "practice sexual immorality" (πορνεῦσαι) and "eat foods sacrificed to idols" (φαγεῖν εἰδωλόθυτα).
- She refuses to repent of "her sexual immorality" (τῆς πορνείας αὐτῆς).
- Some are committing "adultery with her" (τοὺς μοιχεύοντας μετ᾽ αὐτῆς).
- She has "children" (τὰ τέκνα αὐτῆς).
- Jesus threatens to cast her onto a sickbed (βάλλω αὐτὴν εἰς κλίνην), throw her fellow adulterers into great tribulation (εἰς θλῖψιν μεγάλην), and kill her children (ἀποκτενῶ ἐν θανάτῳ).